Want to share this infographic on your website or blog?
Copied to Clipboard!
Learn the common causes of Offshore Accidents from the Louisiana Offshore Accident Attorneys at the Law Offices of Matt & Allen.
- 20 percent of offshore accidents are caused by mechanical or structural failures.
- 80 percent of offshore accidents are caused by human error.
Get The Facts
- Nearly three out of every 100 oil and gas extraction workers suffered a fatal injury on the job between 2003 and 2010*.
- The U.S. oil and gas industry has a collective fatality rate seven times higher than all U.S. industries between 2003 and 2010*.
- 51 percent of U.S. oil and gas extraction industry accidents involve some sort of transportation.
- Between 2003 and 2010, 128 fatalities occurred during offshore oil and gas operations, an average of 16 per year.
*According to the CDC.
Factors Leading to Human Error
- Lack of education about a particular task.
- Lack of attention, carelessness.
- Physical error.
If you have been injured in an offshore accident, contact the experienced Louisiana offshore injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Matt & Allen today.